Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, October 23, 2009


Foto Friday: An Embarrassment of Riches


One of the reasons that FF has been late/AWOL recently is that I now have 25 rolls of film developed and printed this year (and another half dozen sitting on the shelf, wating to be sent off). Another couple rolls and I'll have exceeded my Best. Year. Ever. (as measured in photographs taken), 1995.

So it's gotten a little tedious to pore through all the rolls, looking for something different. (I have lots of beach sunsets. I am tired of beach sunsets.)

Anyway, here is Iao Valley State Park.

Iao Valley State Park
May, 2009


The park has been on FF before (here, and here, and here). This is looking down from the main path into a little botanical garden. They must have been renovating it at the time, since it's so brown. The Iao Needle itself is far to the right (and far above) this view.

This was taken with the 17mm lens. I had better pictures taken that day, but they all required cropping, and I thought it was a shame not to use the full field of view. (I see that my previous photos of the Needle were not that great; I'll have to post one from this set, eventually).

You have to be really careful when you use this lens, or you'll get distortion. Sometimes it can't be helped, as here. For example, I think that palm tree on the right is actually upright.

Labels: ,