Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Tuesday, May 22, 2007


Banner Day


It's a banner day here at The Machinery of Night! On account of I have a new banner.

I started to put it in via Blogger's fancy schmancy new template system, what with the layouts and the widgets and the framastans. But I couldn't figure out how to make multicolored text in the sidebar, and I dreaded having to figure out the JavaScript color switching stuff again.

So I just took the image URL from the new template and grafted it onto the old, and it worked much better than I expected. Huzzah!

Background objects are, from left to right:

All are credited to STScI.