Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, December 19, 2008


Foto Friday: Prepare for Purple


Got a fresh hot package of photos back from the lab, and there's a big smokin' stack of these:

Sunset, November 2008, MauiSunset, November 2008, Maui


That's Mai Poina Oe Iau Beach again.

That's...colorful, isn't it? Sometimes I see postcards that look like this, and I always think, "Aww, they cheat -- they've used some kind of filter." But no filter here; I have a sky 1B and a polarizer on my lenses, but when it gets this dark I have to take them off. So that's what it really looked like.

That is, that's what the film thinks it looked like. I don't remember it quite so purple. This is 100 ASA Velvia, which apparently does purple really well.

I blew about a third of a roll on this one sunset, so you may see others in the series again. I had six or seven rolls developed, and a good percentage of the shots are like this. Gets a bit tedious after a while. "Ho hum, beautiful sunset. What else is there?"

Labels: ,