Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, March 11, 2011


Foto Friday: Tsunami Edition


I was very popular the night of the tsunami. Everybody I work with either called or turned up. I stopped work for about half an hour around the estimated tsunami time, and made everything safe, just in case we lost power. But when nothing happened I just went back to work.

This tsunami wasn't as big a nothing as our last one. Apparently there was water up to a quarter mile inland in Kahului. Someone found a big sea turtle washed up on the road.

Anyhow, here is a lovely non-tsunami photo. This was taken on Tuesday morning (I think) after days of rain. There's a bit of a rainbow on the right. Sometimes I wake up early in the morning, after a few hours' sleep and look outside. If there's a good picture I snap it, and go back to bed. I think I broke out the AE-1 for this one. Can't get good rainbow pictures without a polarizer.

Morning Rainbow, March 2011



I was really getting tired of looking at the close-up of the strawberry every time I brought up the blog. Especially after Niles said it looked like a diseased tongue.

Labels: , ,