Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, March 18, 2011


Foto Friday: It Made the Sky Look Red Like a Nuclear Ray


Sunset from home, Mar 17 2011


Sunset, in the general direction of Japan. Coincidence?

I was going to write something about the nuclear hysteria gripping the news media, but this pretty much covers it. (Short version: When I was born we'd been nuking the hell out of the desert for more than a decade, and the radiation only made me taller and stronger. And the extra digits come in handy.)

I tire of taking pictures from the same vantage point. So when it looked like we were going to have a nice sunset on the 17th, I prepared to go down to the highway, where there are no pesky trees, and I can get a good view. But the sun just sank into a mass of gray clouds, so I figured to hell with it. And then we got this.

After the light was gone it occurred to me that I didn't even think to get out my film camera, and that made me sad. What I need is some extra limbs, so I can shoot with both cameras at the same time. But you never get a break like that when you need it.

I was pretty sure that I'd used this title before, but I couldn't find it.

Labels: , ,