Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, March 26, 2010


Foto Friday: Flame On!


AEOS telescope at sunset
Haleakala, Maui, May 2009

This is an Air Force telescope. It doesn't usually explode like that.

Here's the official site, or you can see the slightly more informative -- but extremely funky -- page the Federation of American Scientists has on AEOS. Not only is that page direct to you from 1997, but it has a Star Trek emblem on it.

I've always been a little hesitant to post my photos of AEOS, because it's like sekrit military stuff, but then I find their own site has a bunch of photos of the telescope nekkid.

I'm getting a bit bored with Foto Friday. It's just that it's all the same thing: here's a beautiful sunset. Here's a gorgeous beach. Yawn. A mountain vista. Snore. It's getting difficult to find something that isn't a sunset. (And yet, I keep taking them. I must have dozens. Maybe I should do a book.)

Here in a few days I have 14 rolls of film coming back. That's about six months' worth. Maybe there'll be something interesting in there.

Labels: , ,