Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, December 25, 2009


Foto Friday: April Showers


For Christmas you ought to get a beautiful Christmas-themed photo. But I don't have one. So here's a rainbow from April:

Rainbows over Pukalani, Maui, April 2009Rainbows over Pukalani, Maui
April 2009


This was taken with my 17mm lens, which I bought in March expressly for capturing full, beautiful rainbows such as this. Since then, such rainbows have been scarce. Mostly they appear over the highway as I'm driving down the mountain, and I don't have my camera with me.

You can (very) faintly see a secondary bow, mostly on the right-hand side. And you can make out supernumerary bows inside the primary (click on the image to enlarge).

Labels: , ,