Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, November 27, 2009


Foto Friday: W-W-W-WIPEOUT!


Since last week's FF was AWOL, today's FF will be in fabulous QuadroVision!

These pictures were taken at Ho'okipa Beach Park in May of this year. They're hand-held shots using a 70-200mm zoom at 200mm, so they're not the sharpest pictures in the world.

However, I am now convinced I need a longer lens, so I may capture the stark terror of man meeting ocean at high speed.



First up, a fellow making it look easy.



Next, a beautiful spray. Several surfers fishtailed their boards, presumably to achieve just this effect. I began to "help" them with my camera, "pushing" them up with the lens when they started to fall. I don't think this works. But it didn't ruin the photos, like I thought it would.



I'm not entirely sure what this man is up to. He's either performing an amazing gymnastic feat, or he's half a second from falling on his can. Possibly both. Nice spray, though.



And, finally, the classic wipeout.


Pictures almost as nice as mine here.

(This FF was delayed while I spent about fifty flippin' hours getting the image/text alignment right. There's still more space between the images than I want, but to hell with it. Interested/frustrated parties may read the six-year-old solution here. Look for the answer by "Birdman".)

Labels: , ,