Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, August 07, 2009


Foto Friday: Fat Fruit


Avocados, Maui, July 2009Avocados, Maui, July 2009


Today, fatty balls of nature's goodness. Tomorrow (well, Tuesday) deadly organic projectiles from HELL! We're expecting a tropical storm, and the avocados have me surrounded.

(On the other hand, if the power goes out and supplies can't get through and I run out of food, at least I'll be up to my ankles in guacamole!)

Long-time residents I've talked to are all extremely nonchalant about the oncoming doom. When Rita was bearing down on Houston in 2005, I couldn't look at the soap swirling down the bathtub drain without quivering. There's a hurricane in the tub! Flee! (This is true; you'll remember that Rita was three or four weeks after Katrina.)

By the way, I'm rather proud of this picture. I finally figured out what the focus ring was for. Hey, look! I can move this, and the avocados are in focus, but the background isn't! Neat! Most of my pictures are focused at infinity. I sometimes contemplate gluing the ring there.

Labels: ,