Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, May 01, 2009


Foto Friday: Do You Canoe?


I realized too late that this is a really lousy scan. I needed the film in a hurry so I took it too the drug store, where they scan it at about half the resolution they ought to. But I didn't have time to dig out a new picture.

Canoes on Maui, Mar, 2009



These canoes belong to the Maui Canoe Club. They look so dashing drawn up onto the beach that everytime I go by I think, I should get a picture of that. So when I got my new lens (this is taken with the 17mm lens) I made sure to get shots of them. I don't think they turned out well; I didn't capture the dashing. (I was testing out the lens, and was in a hurry.)

What you might not be able to see from the lousy scan is that the outriggers have little eagle heads on them. For cute! Er, I mean, dashing.

(You note the darkness at the right-hand corners? That's vignetting from -- I hope -- the polarizer. The lens is so wide that it sees the edges of the polarizer! I have to get a special slim polarizer for it, which cost a bundle. Sigh. More toys! Handy hint: pick a hobby where you never run out of things to buy. It's more fun that way.)

Labels: ,