Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, February 20, 2009


Foto Friday: Armed and Dangerous


Pedestrian crossing, Paia, Maui, July 4, 2008Pedestrian crossing
Paia, Maui
July, 2008

No, I don't know. I suspect it's supposed to be paintball, but I can't be sure. This sign is outside the Paia Community Center. The day we were there, two cop cars were in the parking lot, not 30 feet away. So I'm assuming the police are aware of the situation (the sign was there the previous February, too).

Across the street is a sweet little Asian/Swiss Colony building that, at the time, I pegged as a church. It sits right on the ocean. I have a picture of it, but there's no indication as to what it really is. World's Cutest Armory, perhaps.

(Ah, it seems to be a Buddhist temple. Of course.)

Paia is a self-consciously funky little town full of laid-back surfing types and groovy artists. So you'd naturally want to go armed.

Labels: ,