Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, February 27, 2009


Foto Friday: Ahhhh...


This is a restful view, don't you think?

Sunset from Mai Poina Oe Iau Beach, November, 2008Sunset from Mai Poina Oe Iau Beach
Maui, November, 2008


In fact, it's so restful that I almost forgot to make a title for it.

If you Google around for the name of that beach, you get variously Mai Poina Oe Iau or Mai Poina Oe Lau, because in a san-serif font capital I and and lower-case L look alike. (They're different when I type them in Blogger's editor, but identical on the blog.)

But I'm pretty sure it should be (to be precise) Mai Poina 'Oe Ia'u, which means "Do not forget me." (As here, for example.)

But spelling is so unrestful.

Labels: ,