Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, November 28, 2008


Foto Friday: Fog Bow


Fog Bow on Haleakala, Maui, October 2008Fog Bow on Haleakala, Maui
October 2008


Fogbows differ from rainbows in that the water droplets in a fogbow are much, much smaller. See here for more than you ever wanted to know on the topic, and a gallery of images. Don't miss the eerie Finnish car fogbows!

I have got to get me a wider-angle lens. The 28mm just ain't cuttin' it. It can't get all the bow.

I looked into the cost of switching to digital: about a grand, minimum. Two for the camera I'd really want. Did I mention that doesn't include lenses? It doesn't. I could save my pennies until I can afford a digital camera, or I can buy a new lens for my 28-year-old camera -- cost: about $400. Decisions, decisions.

Yes, Canon FD lenses, around 20 years old now, can still go for $1000 or more. A 17mm f/4 lens is about $400.

I mention this only because I have nothing else to say about this photo. Look! Fog!

Labels: ,