Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Saturday, September 27, 2008


Foto Friday: Return from the Dead


I'm not really dead. Not yet, anyway. I'm getting better!

It's more a matter of what Lileks wrote about here: a great big heapin' helpin' of Who Gives a Shit.

I now live in a beautiful area. I have taken a zillion pictures. The film is still in its little cannisters. I have not had the money to get it developed. I sort of wish that I had a digital camera, and wonder how long it would take me to save for one if I didn't buy any film or processing for this one. I think the time scale is on the order of about ten thousand years.

Anyhow, that's why I haven't posted any pictures of the new area in seven long months, and hardly any pictures in the last couple. I runned out. And my scanner is still in its box in the closet, where I put it when I moved in.

Oh, great, now you got me depressed.

Anyhow, here's my last good piccie of Uluru.

Uluru, Aug. 2000


I think I didn't want to show this because it's scanned from a print -- a print on the back of which I wrote the details of the picture in bleedy marker, so that you can see dark marks in the upper right hand corner of the print. It showed up in the scan, too, so I spent a lot of time trying to touch it up with the clone tool (I can work for Reuters now!). This was done with a regular scanner, before I got the photo scanner. You probably can't tell at this resolution.

My dad used to say that kind of thing all the time. We moved a lot, so we were always living in a new -- i.e. different -- house. I think I was in my thirties before I realized that you don't have to show the house to everyone who comes over. Anyhow, Mom and Dad were always painting or panelling or wallpapering, and often they'd get some little bit wrong and have to try to cover it up. Dad was always saying, "Now you see this here, well, we messed that up. But you'd never know it if I didn't point it out!"

Labels: ,