Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, August 22, 2008


Foto Friday: Cold as Ice


Ha ha! Thought I had gone, didn't you? Well you were wrong! I'm still here. Still kind of low on FFs, too. I must send my film off.

Anyway, here is a very old photo, scanned from print, since I don't know where the negatives have gotten to.

Lincoln memorial, Jan. 1990Lincoln Memorial, Jan. 1990


It's hot here, so I thought I'd choose a nice, cool image to look at it. Tomorrow night I will be freezing. Maybe I should have posted a hot image as well. Next week, perhaps.

I was in D.C. for a conference. That was the time that Dan Quayle addressed our group. I was going to write about it, but I see that I already have. Well, that was easy.

This photo reminds me of a painting, but I can't think which one. Maybe by Michael Whelan. (WARNING! Long pretentious -- yet minimalist -- flash opening there. Really cool, but it tries the patience. I guess if you're not willing to wait for it, you don't deserve to look at Whelan's art.)

Labels: ,