Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, August 31, 2007


Foto Friday: Waimea Canyon


This view is why God made wide angle lenses. Unfortunately, my angle wasn't wide enough, so I'm only able to give you a part of the canyon. I was going to mosaic it into a panorama, but never got around to it. I may still one day. But it would be a lot easier to just go back to Kauai with a wider lens.

Waimea Canyon, Kauai, Sep. 1995Waimea Canyon, Kauai, Sep. 1995


I have recently developed a bad case of lens lust. I just ordered a Canon 28mm lens to take the place of my off-brand 28mm (which took this picture). And now I find I have a great desire for more and better lenses. Like, say, a 20 or even 17mm, for scenes like the one above. Fortunately, I am limited by the age of my camera; there's only so much money you can drop on twenty-year-old lenses. (Unfortunately for me, I don't even have that much money. But I can dream!)

Labels: ,