Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, August 17, 2007


Foto Friday: Uluru -- the Red Centre


The Red Centre[1] is what Australians call the red desert heart of their country.

Um, there. I've told you pretty much all I know about it. Did I mention that it's red?

Uluru at Sunset, Australia, Aug. 2000Uluru at Sunset, Australia, Aug. 2000


I now wish I hadn't tried to fill the frame with the rock, and had allowed some distance between it and the edge. Maybe there was a tour bus parked there, I don't know. The creepy black arms writhing over the right side are bottlebrushes. I'll post a picture of those in daylight some other time.

I showed another sunset picture here. I have dozens more! Isn't that exciting??

[1] Note ye olde quaynte Brittish spellynge[2]
[2] Which I just now unwittingly tried to use in positioning this thing. Note: "text-align:centre" does not work. American imperialism!

Labels: ,