Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Tuesday, June 05, 2007


Logo-rrhea


That oughta be a new word (or, rather, a new definition to an old word): that sick feeling which comes from viewing an unnecessarily-ugly logo. The BBC has asked for alternative logos (see also here.) Well, here's mine. Note the retro look and marketing tie-in possibilities:



Alternate Olympics Logo Ripping Off Washed-Up Nerd Band
If you don't get the joke, well, you're probably young enough to compete in the Olympics. (I knew a girl in high school who had to hide her boyfriend's loaned 2112 album from her parents because of the pentagram. They're evil, you know.)

This would be a lot more appropriate if the Olympics were held in London, Ontario. And they were the NerdOlympics.

As usual, once I'd finished this, I realized it wasn't going to be as funny as I thought. But I WASTED A LOT OF TIME ON THIS, DAMMIT, AND YOU'RE GOING TO LOOK AT IT!

There.

Via Hot Air. Also, Jim Treacher displays a still from a BBC segment on viewer contributed alternate logos so I don't have to. He also has the YouTube link, so I don't have to soil my blog with it. Does that logo look at all familiar? The hands? The circle? Can you spell g-o-a-t-... I knew you could!

Actually, that would not be the first thing that came into my mind when I saw that logo, but having had it drawn to my attention, I can't see any other explanation.