Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, May 25, 2007


Foto Friday: Zabriskie Point


On our "real" 1995 vacation, we went to Yosemite, then over Tioga Pass, down US 395, past Mt. Whitney, to Death Valley. Lotta pictures from that trip. I was saving this one until I could try to mosaic it with several others, but that will have to wait for another day.

Zabriskie Point, Death Valley, California, Aug. 1995Zabriskie Point, Death Valley, California
Aug. 1995


Here's the Google maps link to the area. The round thing at the top of the image (I hope) is the lookout. I believe the dark ridge on the right of my image is part of the dark line that runs diagonally across the bottom of the satellite map. If I get some time to figure it out, I'll see if I can display the Google map later.

The short version is, those wrinkles are a lot further away than they look.

Labels: ,