Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, November 24, 2006


Foto Friday: The Bluest Skies You've Ever Seen


Frankly, I've seen bluer skies, but who am I to upset their little fantasy?


Seattle from the Space Needle, Sep. 2005

If you look closely on the right you can see, floating eerily above the city, the ghost of Mt. Rainier. Here's a close-up.


Apparently the city has gotten sick and tired of all the damned tourists mucking up the place, flinging dollars left and right. So they're trying to make a dent in tourist traffic by screwing up the view with a couple of skyscrapers. That'll show 'em!

This photo was taken at a bad time of day for Rainier photos. Should've waiting until later in the afternoon. My dream "killer app" is a program that shows what time of day and year is the best for taking photos of various scenic spots.

You get a stale picture of Washington because, again I didn't get around to scanning. (As if my nonexistent readers care.) In fact, time is going to be scarce for the next two weeks, as I have something big coming up.

And if it works out, my nonexistent readers are going to get really, really sick of a Certain State.

Labels: ,