Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, September 08, 2006


Foto Friday: Digital Ice


I'm trying to avoid posting photos scanned from prints, because I'm hoping to get a film scanner any day now. Canon is supposed to be releasing a new version of a scanner that's gotten very good reviews, but no one has it yet. You can't even buy it from Canon's site.

(I'd rather have a dedicated film scanner, but they're too much money right now.)

When I get it, if I ever do, I'll be able to post much nicer images than the print scans. So I'm trying to post only those photos for which I have digital copies. Like this one:


Mr. Rainier, WA, Sep. 2005
Mr. Rainier, WA, Sep. 2005

I like the way the road seems to run right up into the curving ridges of the mountain.

I took that almost a year ago, when we were fleeing Hurricane Rita. The really busy hurricane season we were promised seems to be getting off to a slow start, so there probably won't be any fleeing to be done this year.

I figured I'd still have plenty of time to post this deliciously cool image before fall arrived (which comes here just a little too late for Christmas), but it's not been all that warm lately. Why, it's not been above 95 all week!

Labels: ,