Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, December 24, 2004



Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!


Ah, looks as if we will have a white Christmas, or at least a white Christmas Eve. The weather has turned cold and snowy, and I bet we get two, maybe three millimeters before it's all done.

I live in Houston, where it rarely snows. It's snowing now, though, and there's a light dusting on the cars and rooftops. Some foolish natives are outside in the wind, marvelling at it. I made Niles take a picture of it, and that's as far as I'm willing to go.

It snowed here in January of '94, I remember, for about fifteen minutes. But that was during the day -- big wet flakes that barely survived contact with the ground.

I wish everyone a pleasant mid-winter work stoppage. Or, Merry Christmas, If That's OK.