Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Wednesday, October 20, 2004



Signs and Portents


Right now the skies darken over New York, and the earth trembles, for the Red Sox are 8-1 over the Yankees in the AL playoffs. Tomorrow the Cardinals play the Astros for the NL championship.

If the Cards and Yanks both win, this will make Michele Catalano my blood enemy.

But if they both lose, you know what that means: a Texas-Massachusetts World Series.

The geopolitical implications are formidable.

I can't get to Michele's blog. She's probably out buying more voodoo dolls, or sacrificial black chickens. Of course, it's only the fourth inning.

UPDATE: I tried to post this last night, but I couldn't get through to Blogger. Couldn't get to Michele's blog either. All I got was a restful white page. I figured that was the color of the nice, soft room they'd put her in.

But, today she seems OK with it. I suspect heavy sedation.

Although a Texas-Massachusetts brawl would've been interesting, we'll have to settle for letting the Cards win the Series. Woo.