Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Tuesday, October 07, 2003



I. WANT. IT. NOW.


All last week, the Bleat (start there) was about Lileks's recent trip to New York to talk to his publishers about upcoming Lileksian goodness.

For example, from Tuesday:

When the meat and wine and gossip was done, it was back to the office to talk about the next book beyond “Desecrators.”...So I said THE IDEA, and bang! / shazaam, he got it. We almost did a little dance on the spot, so perfect was the concept. And no, I’m not telling....If all goes well, I’ll be kicking out a book a year, which is what I wanted to do anyway. Three more Institute books for a total of five...

Oh, for fun! And I'm glad your little idea was received so well.

Now.

WHERE'S THE BOOK, JAMES? WHERE THE HELL IS INTERIOR DESECRATORS? I WANT IT. I WANT IT NOW.

I did a google search and could not find anything which said that the book was forthcoming, which seems ominous for a book that was supposed to be published this fall.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH IT?

It better damn well be out for Christmas, that's all I'm saying. It better be under my tree come Christmas Day, or Someone Will Hurt.

...twitch...whimper...foam...