Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Monday, September 08, 2003



It Sucketh Not



Greetings from beautiful Johnston Island. Wait, wait....we've just been handed an update. It's not Johnston Island. It's Maui.

All the way down here the airplane locator thingy on the plane kept saying we were headed for Johnston Island, which turns out to be (according to that map; I haven't looked it up) southwest of Hawaii. I could have made many witty hijacking jokes, but wisely kept them to myself.

Niles is here for a conference, and since he had a bunch of frequent flyer miles saved up, I came along to help him alleviate the terrible glut of little paper umbrellas that is plaguing the South Pacific.

We've got high speed internet in the hotel room, but the connection keeps dying, so any posts will likely to be short.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go out on the lanai and drink coffee and stare at the ocean. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.