Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Friday, February 07, 2003


Knock Three Times on the Ceiling



So I'm sitting here in the study, reading Sofia Sideshow and minding my own business, when there's a terrific stomping on the ceiling.

"Man," I think to myself, "the upstairs neighbors are really clomping around up there. You almost never hear them."

And then I recall that this is because we don't have any upstairs neighbors, since we live on the top floor. Yesterday I noticed a ladder propped against the building; presumably they're inspecting the roof. Maybe for Shuttle debris.

We have concerns about the ceiling in this room, since it looks a bit as if the roof beams and things are settling against it. I hope it doesn't decide to collapse under the men and kill me.