Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Saturday, November 30, 2002


A Correction



Jack Robertson, former[?] blogger, writes to tell me I have erred in this post where I call him a "proud Robert Fisk acolyte". He says I have confused him with Margo.

I did some searching, and it appears he was right. I vaguely remember him saying something like this:


Everyone has their heroes, and one of mine is Robert Fisk. I was proud to be mentioned in the same sentence as him.


But that was, as Robertson says, Margo Kingston (also reported by Tim Blair, who is not as confused as I was).

I also may have confused him somehow with Tim Palmer, mentioned in this Blair post, though heaven knows how.

That Margo post required digging through a lot of web pages, and it was a bit difficult to keep track of who said what where. I remember wanting to double-check this very point, and thought I had. But I was mistaken.

My sincere apologies to Jack, and to any others who were misled.

Many thanks for the correction, Jack. I will update that previous post as well.