Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Saturday, September 07, 2002


Traffic Control



This blog has recently been mentioned by a couple of the large mammals of the blog ecosystem, so I thought I should point out the features of the place. Don't be frightened by the dark background; I have sprayed for grues.

I was just reading this Mark Steyn article, and when he got to the part about how the blame-America nonsense started on September 12, I remembered this early post of mine, describing the letters to the editor of the Sydney Morning Herald. Remember that the attacks occurred near midnight, Sydney time, and that papers must be printed early in the morning. Therefore these people were so eager to impart their wisdom to the world that they fired up their computers late, late at night to email a letter to the SMH.

It's not as good as Steyn, of course, but if you feel you need another shot of cold anger, it might help.

(For a similar take on the same problem, you should go to this letter, written by Timothy Roscoe Carter to Matt Welch. The letter has three sections, I'm talking about Section I, but it's all good. It's a keeper. Print it out, keep it in your wallet for handy reference in arguments.)

Then there's this post, on why I felt compelled to start this blog in the first place. It ties in nicely with today's Instapundit post on why we hate the press.