Front page

Are you afraid of the dark?

(Click to invert colors, weenie.) (Requires JavaScript.)




All email will be assumed to be for publication unless otherwise requested.


What's in the banner?


Saturday, August 10, 2002


Butt-Ugly Fish



In the Bernard Lewis interview mentioned below, the interviewer, Michael Steinberger, states that Lewis orders mahi-mahi, "a kind of dolphin". No, it's a kind of dolphin fish, which does not look a bit like a dolphin to me, and boy, is it ugly.

I gather Steinberger has never been to Hawaii, where it's hard to escape mahi. Except for me; I do not eat creatures of the sea, because they all taste like crap. Something to do with badly wired taste buds, I expect (er, mine, not the fishes').

The blog has been too heavy with gloom and sourness, and needs to be lightened with goofy things. This will have to do for now.